"When we can no longer dream, we die" -Emma Goldman

Thursday, January 28, 2010

An Eye for an Eye Makes the Whole World Blind

Do you remember when the sky was blue?
Do you remember when the seas were calm?
Do you remember when we weren’t living a lie?
I wish I didn’t, but I do.

Do you remember when we didn’t breathe lies?
Do you remember when we had the same thoughts?
Do you remember when we were one?
I can’t unsee these images and videos and I can’t turn off the projecter in my head that keeps playing them.
Sometimes I think everyone can see them too.
Maybe then they would see what really happened.

I’ve only told one person.
Have you been asked about it yet?
I have.
It was awkward.
I have all these questions and you are like a brick wall.
Why?
Why did you tell people?
Are you that excited to be disassociated with me?
They say history repeats itself and I hope it does with us.
That way when you miss me I can make you feel as low as you are making me feel every day.
I know that’s petty but at this point, neither of us have eyes to take, arms to take or legs to take.
So I’ll take what you took from me: my feeling of self worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment