"When we can no longer dream, we die" -Emma Goldman

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

It's bitter and brown and dark and desolate.
It's dank and wet and hollow and blank.
It's old and new and perfect and lovely.
And I don't want to leave.
I cannot stop, nor do I want to.
I feel empty yet full.
I am incomplete but surrounded.
Why do things have to be this way? Why can't they change? Why do people have to be so stupid?
My chest hurts and my lips tingle.
My throat is dry and I clutch at her.
I cannot breathe so I gasp but it turns into an abandoned cry.
This is the line I must cross but it burns to touch it.
These are the shattered lies that the lights illuminate and reality couldn't get past the bouncer but the truth is having a drink at the bar and deceit is hooking up with some random skank in the bathroom.
This is the life we all must live. This is the fault we all must face. These are the twisted symphonies we must listen to. We read our teleprompters every day and they tell us when to smile, when to laugh and when to be quiet. We follow routine and speak only when we really really have to.
The snow keeps falling, the sun keeps rising and the tides keep changing. The world goes on around us while we fall apart. Our screams are heard by no one and no one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.
No one cares.




and then you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment