"When we can no longer dream, we die" -Emma Goldman

Thursday, April 29, 2010

the man behind the curtain

Literally lost in the shuffle, smack dab in the middle
Under the title, less than the best
Not even close to that.
So far from what I want, but my imagination makes it hard to think.
Rejection turns to disgust turns to fear turns to
turns to
turns to
turns to nightmares
turns to dust
turns to lies my parents told me
turns to shame
turns to a total disconnect of reality
justification of actions becomes irrelevant as we fall apart
as we turn to nightmares
to dust
to lies my parents told me
to shame
falling out of the upside downs and reaching for an imaginary pole to steady the fall
confusion takes control as the clock stops and the only sound that can be heard is the
rrrrrrrrrip of the backdrop as everything
falls
a
p
a
r
t

No comments:

Post a Comment