"When we can no longer dream, we die" -Emma Goldman

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Angel

Tortured souls are so tragic. I mean, I know that's the point, but it's true. Two great examples(ignore their diets and just look at the person): Edward Cullen (collective groan IGNORED) and Angel(from BtVS). Edward has waited a century for the woman of his dreams and when she finally comes along it's near impossible for him to not slaughter her. Not to mention that his just loving her and being around her causes her to be in constant danger (thank you Jasper...). Angel's soul is LITERALLY tortured. He didn't have it, then he had it and fell for Buffy. Then they did the nasty and he lost it again. Then he almost killed Buffy but Willow spoke in Romanian and saved his soul. Then he pretended to lose it but didn't. The thing is, I can see Angel's torture here. Imagine if one day, some gypsy farmer comes up to you and says, "You ate one of my cows so now you will feel the pain of every cow/pig/lamb you EVER ate". Okay, I will acknowledge that it's not a perfect metaphor but work with me here. It's tough. He can't help that he's a vamp. Blame Darla. And he needs to feed. Again, not his fault! 
Sorry if I lost you here. I'm just ranting...but if anyone sees my point, feel free to comment. I like comments on the blog. If there's anything anyone wants me to talk about, comment. Even if you don't like the blog, comment. I just like getting the little notification email that tells me that I have a comment! Haha...*awkward silence ensues*
Anyhooooo

Copperboom!
peanut butter xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment