"When we can no longer dream, we die" -Emma Goldman

Friday, March 13, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Everyone else is making a big fuss out of it, so I suppose I should too. Also, I'm Irishish so it makes sense. I'm not quite sure what St. Patrick's day celebrates, other than drunken leprechauns singing, watching the Quiet Man and eating Colecannon...  I'm not hating on colecannon, it's quite good and very hearty, but I need a reason to be wearing green. Christmas celebrates Jesus' birthday. IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY. But what do I say at St. Patrick's day? Hi, nice to meet you, here's beer, LETS GET PLASTERED! I don't drink, but I'm just saying. Also, why do people always assume that the Irish are red-headed. HelloOOO??! I'm Irish and I ain't no ginger! I'm actually a natural blonde, SUCK IT JENNA MARONEY!!!!! Again, just saying. I wish I could have grown up in the 50's...a much simpler time where living in the suburbs and being Irish was what everyone did. Or Italian. But everyone had a religion and everyone was polite(except James Dean, but look at what happened to HIM!). Being a housewife was expected, not frowned upon as it is today. A homemaker was the ultimate wife, and so what if that's what I want to be?? I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this post, so I'm gonna go take aLOT of Nyquil and I'll talk to you all later. 
Copperboom!
peanut butter xoxo
p.s. Don't ever get a bronchial infection, THEY SUCK AND NEVER EVER GO AWAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment