"When we can no longer dream, we die" -Emma Goldman

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ivan & Victor

I wrote another short story! =D

I was dreaming about him…again. Then I heard a bump and my muscles immediately tightened. All I could hear was Heidi’s voice saying, “have an awareness of your surroundings!” My pulse was racing. I rolled over and turned the light on in one swift motion to startle my attackers. I shouted, “STOP, BITCHES!” (I’d always wanted to say that!) and they did. When I finally started to realize who it was, my heart stopped and I gasped. “Mom?”

“Yes, Phoebe?”

“What are you doing?”

She was holding a pillow and dressed in all black. She was flanked by two eastern European men that I had never seen before. It was all really sketch.

“We’re here to make it all better, sweetie.”

“What are you talking about? I got a 98 on my history test, what is wrong?”

“ This is Ivan and Victor, they are going to help us”

“But mom, nothing is wrong, we are all happy and healthy.”
“This isn’t about us, love. Nobody will know. It will be quick then everyone will be happy! Just close your eyes and breath.”

I tried to run after that but Ivan and Victor did some move that they had clearly done before because the precision was impeccable. I couldn’t move. Ivan had my feet. Victor had me in a sleeper hold. Everything started to fade and I struggled to tell her off. The situation didn’t turn out quite like I had hoped…

“Mom…I…”

“I know sweetie, I love you too. See you on the other side.”

So now I’m here. There’s another girl sleeping in my bed. Her name is Lilly. She goes to Marlborough and has my life. But she’s not me. Ivan and Victor aren’t around anymore and I still don’t really get what happened.

Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment